Thursday, March 20, 2008

I started volunteering at Hearts Haven Ranch today. It's a new place by Raymond thats gonna give horse riding lessons and needs volunteers to help. So, right now Shes training the volunteers. Most everyone is a teenager, actually everyone but me. 99% of them haven't ridden before. So, I was leading one young lady today, she was bareback, something spooked the horse, she bolted forward a bit and the young lady went off the back onto the ground. Yup, these are the kids who are going to be TEACHING, should be interesting. I'm doing so I can learn so I can teach my grandkids the right way.

7 comments:

Krista said...

Sounds interesting ... maybe fun? You know, besides all the teenagers (ick, haha).
I have been trying, fruitlessly, to find an equestrian program that will take Brogan without insurance ... I may end up just placing him in a regular riding class and seeing what happens.

Jenie said...

Sounds like a fun new adventure anyways!

Krista said...

I mean those equestrian programs where they take children with "special needs". They require insurance in order to accept children. Since we don't want to let our insurance to know he has Autism because they would drop him ... You see the dilemma.

mom said...

Can't you get insurance where Brogan would be covered? Is it very expensive or just not available? If there is an accident would Brogan be covered by your insurance now?

Julia Almendarez said...

i like hearts haven ranch its a good place to ride and its a good place for anybody!!! wow the people that want to move there kids away from hhr its not a good idea i would just stick to that place!!!! ;)

Julia Almendarez said...

i like hearts haven ranch its a good place to ride and its a good place for anybody!!! wow the people that want to move there kids away from hhr its not a good idea i would just stick to that place!!!! ;)

Unknown said...

yes Julia it is a good place i am out there once an awill and i love it