Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I think at my stage in life birthdays are not so much to celebrate growing older, as they are to celebrate being alive and having people around you who love you and support you. Cindy phoned me from the hospital this morning to wish me a happy birthday, she was in for Chemo again, her second round this month, she used to go every two years but she doesn't look at it as losing the battle but having beaten it this far. She is amazing in her positive attitude and she wanted to make sure I had someone to spend my birthday with. Thanks Dawn for the great supper and mostly for the visit and I guess I should say thanks again to Dawn and Krista for the PINK gum boots, they certainly make a statement. I bought myself a new pair of really really soft leather riding gloves for my birthday they're beautiful. I think I'll break them in at the branding on Saturday.

2 comments:

Krista said...

you "guess" you should thank us for the gum boots? they're FANTASTIC! They scream, "HELLO!" to you in happy happy tones ... They sure made ME giggle ...
Thanks for the talk last night mom, I really needed someone to cry on.

Krista said...

Oh ... and sorry about waking you up ;)