Thursday, May 7, 2009

I'm so torn tonight. It looks like the sale of the Double Anchor is going to go through. I was over there tonight for dads 81st birthday. I love the feel of the place. Before the big house was built, the little trailor attached to a little house, swimming in the river, plowing through snow up past the car doors, the brandings, the trampoline, the balcony when it was a balcony, all the meals, the laughs, the tears, sitting with mom in her bedroom, all the Rook games. I know we'll still have lots of good times, but tonight I'm just sad that come September it will be the end of a very special place where family and friends always knew they were welcome and safe.

I also found out tonight that the Family Reunion has been cancelled this year because of the two weddings and moving mom and dad. Craig has to have his heart surgery sometime this summer and Brian also has to have surgery on his foot. So there's just too much going on, so that makes me sad too. I was really looking forward to the Reunion.

2 comments:

Krista said...

On one hand, for Grandma, I hope the sale goes through this time.
On the other hand ... I too am very sad about the sale of the farm.
We'll have to make sure to take a trip out there when I'm up this summer.

Jenie said...

That's too bad about the reunion. We were looking forward to it as well.