Wednesday, April 1, 2009

spring time babies







I think Rod wanted to help improve my state of mind in spite of this ugly weather, so, he brought me home a baby calf. she's all black and so so cute. Then yesterday he came home with two more. We'd like to get one more, then two cows to feed them. They are so fun to watch and feed. They love the dogs and Jake likes to help them eat. All the babies are black and all so far are heifers. So, if ya got any names I could use some suggestions, but no color reference names! A friend of ours has cows and four babies, but he had all bulls and wants to try to increase his herd so I'm gonna try to work a deal with him. In the fall I will take his steers and he can have my heifers and breed my cows. It's a win win. My babies live and he increases his herd and we make some money off cows.

1 comment:

Jenie said...

Very fun. It is nice to see signs of sprng despite the lousy weather.