Monday, January 5, 2009

WINTER

I'm not sure how many of you have been taught that when you travel in the winter you always take snow pants, gloves touque and boots. I have always done that. I've NEVER needed it, but have always taken it just cuz thats what you're supposed to do. Well, tonight it paid off. We were coming home from TEXAS, it was 87 degrees there yesterday. We got a quarter of a mile away from home and got soldily STUCK up to our doors, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!!! The snow had just drifted over SOLIDLY. So we walked. If I hadn't been prepared I would have have to walk that very long 1/4 of a mile in little shoes and a light jacket, oh ya and its still blowing and drifting and miserable. I was coming home from TEXAS. So here I sit very depressed and wondering how long it will take for AMA, thats another smart thing we did AMA membership, to get us unstuck tomorrow and how long it will take for the county to plow our road. Oh the joys of southern Alberta winter. Did I mention that it was 87 degrees in Texas yesterday?

3 comments:

Jenie said...

I think winter is bad enough, but it has really got to suck after being somewhere so warm.

TinaLaRae said...

I too am usually prepared but have not yet had to use it.

Krista said...

Ummm ... did I mention it will be 70 degrees tomorrow?